Blizzard 2011

Blizzard 2011
February 1, 2011 View from my front door

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Start!

The theme for the American Heart Association Walk this year was Start!! It sounds like an updated version of Nike's , "Just Do It", so I thought that would be topic of this first ever blog from me! I am not real organized, did not put a lot of forethought into this and rather than being perfect, I'm doing something! In scrapbooking, some say, "finished is better than perfect". I have a difficult time adhering to that in my life. I like for things to be done a certain way, but I have grown to realize this is a stumbling block for me many times and I am striving to make some positive changes. So rather than waiting for the perfect title or finding the appropriate photos, I decided to just throw this together.
I will tell you that I did think about the title a little bit. My Dad had an antique shop years ago.
I still have a few of his business cards, "Colle's Collection". So that's where I got the idea for my title page. I only wish, in my perfectionism that I had the photo to post of the sign which hung on the fence over the garden up at the building...the antique building, to show you. C-O-L-L-E-S C-O-L-L-E-C-T-I-O-N , hand painted on individual metal signs. I will have to find the photo for a future post.
Well, welcome. I am not sure what this blog will be. Guess time will tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm your first comment! Welcome to the world of bloggin'. Thanks for linking me. :)

Holly said...

Joni! It's awesome to see you! I am excited that you found our blog and I am even more excited that I found yours. We'll have to come see you some time now that we're back in Springfield!